How does the Clinical Placement Work?
- Students call or visit the affiliated internship sites in advance of the students’ Preference List Due Date (Sept 15 of the student’s final year)
- A student is “matched” at a site for which a valid agreement with the University exists at the time of the placement decision.
- The Program faculty work together to match each student as closely as possible with the student’s top choice, some sites may be more popular than others
- Because the final decision is made by the Program (typically in October), the student remains eligible to receive financial aid (if already receiving aid)
- The internship time frame is typically Jan 2 – June 30
- The DGS interns are not paid, a few sites may provide a small stipend
Once matched, the student is responsible for
- locating housing
- parking costs
- housing costs
- University tuition for 15-16 credits clinical/practicum course work